Hinrich Foundation Award for Distinguished Reporting on Trade
Applications for the annual Hinrich Foundation Award for Distinguished Reporting on Trade are now open. Deadline for submission is Thursday, September 30, 2021. This award is open to any professional journalist whose work is published by a reputable news organization.
The Hinrich Foundation Award for Distinguished Reporting on Trade recognizes exemplary journalism that illuminates and advances the public’s understanding of international business and trade.
The award is open to any professional journalist whose work exemplifies the highest standards of journalism and is published by a reputable news organization. This includes print, broadcast and digital journalists.
This award carries a US$10,000 prize. Award winners participate in NPF’s annual awards event. The jury for this award is comprised of three distinguished journalists.
Last year's Hinrich award winners were David J. Lynch, Carol Leonnig, Josh Dawsey and Jeff Stein of The Washington Post for stories that brought to light the complexities of doing business in China in 2020. Learn more about their entries here.
HOW TO ENTER
You will need:
- Letter of support
- Work sample(s)
- All submissions must be in English
Deadline for entry
- Thursday, September 30, 2021
- Journalism published or broadcast from Sept. 30, 2020 – Sept. 30, 2021.
- A non-refundable US$50 fee for each entry should be paid by credit card.
- You will be directed to credit card payment upon submission of the application.
- When you have gathered your materials (letter and sample work) apply below. It is not possible to save and return the application later, you will need to have all materials at hand.
- Winning entries will be published on the National Press Foundation website. By submitting an application, you grant NPF permission to do so.
- Award winner(s) participate in NPF’s annual awards event.
- Please submit up to three samples. All submissions must be published in English or translated into English. Submit links when possible. If links are not available you can attach files, although they cannot exceed 20 MB.
- Contact Jason Zaragoza at email@example.com or +1-202-663-7285.