Asia Trade Week 2021: The case of sustainable trade
Published 16 March 2021
The Hinrich Foundation proudly supported The Economist's Asia Trade Week 2021, which ran from Feb 22-25 through a mixture of live-streamed events and virtual breakaway meetings across four financial centers in Asia: Singapore, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Tokyo. Our Founder and Chairman, Merle Hinrich, kicked off a panel on "The case for sustainable trade" with his sharing on the key to long term prosperity and balanced development.
The session on 'The case for sustainable trade' kicked off with an introductory video by the Hinrich Foundation on the Sustainable Trade Index, which measures the capacity of 19 economies in Asia and the United States to participate in sustainable trade.
The session continued with discussions on the economic benefits of sustainable practices and their impact on day-to-day business operations with five esteemed panellists:
- Alvin Tan, Minister of State for Trade and Industry and Community, Culture and Youth
- Vandita Pant, Chief commercial officer of BHP
- Ditlev Blicher, Regional Managing Director for the Asia Pacific, Maersk
- Malavika Bambawale, Managing director, sustainability solutions - APAC, ENGIE Impact
- Louise Pender, General counsel, and chief people officer, Zalora
© The Hinrich Foundation. See our website Terms and Conditions for our copyright and reprint policy. All statements of fact and the views, conclusions and recommendations expressed in this publication are the sole responsibility of the author(s).