Hinrich Trade Research Fellowship opportunity now open with APEC Policy Support Unit
Published 23 February 2022 | 2 minute read
23 March 2022: An opportunity to intern at the PSU as a full-time Hinrich Foundation Fellow is now available: https://www.apec.org/About-Us/Policy-Support-Unit/Employment. Application deadline is 11 April 2022.
The Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) is a regional economic forum established in 1989 to leverage the growing interdependence of the Asia-Pacific. APEC’s 21 members share the APEC Putrajaya Vision 2040 – of an open, dynamic, resilient and peaceful Asia-Pacific community by 2040, for the prosperity of all our people and future generations.
The APEC Policy Support Unit (PSU) provides professional and tailor-made research, analysis and evidence-based policy suggestions to support APEC members in their deliberations and decisions. The Hinrich Foundation (HF) is a unique Asia-based philanthropic organization that works to advance mutually beneficial and sustainable global trade.
An opportunity to intern at the PSU as a full-time Hinrich Foundation Fellow is now available.
Under the guidance of a Senior Analyst or Analyst, the Fellow will:
- Conduct research and analysis on topics related to trade, investment and digital technology, such as economic resiliency, connectivity, responses to protectionist interventions, and promoting sustainable trade
- Assist in the preparation of policy and research reports/papers
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Students who are presently enrolled, or accepted and about to enroll, in a graduate degree program in Economics, Statistics, Social Science, Data Science, Public Policy, Law or other related fields of study
- Strong research skills and analytical capacity
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications
- Experience in the use of STATA would be an advantage
- Excellent written and spoken English
The fellowship is open to students who are nationals and passport holders of APEC member economies. Physical presence in Singapore is not a requirement for this fellowship. Applicants are requested to indicate their period of availability between May and December 2022. The selected fellow is expected to work for a three- to six-month period; flexible working arrangements may be agreed with the PSU as needed. A monthly allowance of SGD 1,900 will be provided to a full-time fellow.
To apply, please provide: (1) a completed application form (download the form from https://www.apec.org/docs/default-source/aboutus/internship/2021/sep/apec-secretariat-internship-program-application-form_1-sep21.docx?sfvrsn=3cca6bdd_1), (2) cover letter, indicating among others your nationality, period of availability, and where you are based, and (3) resume, listing among others previous research experiences on topics related to trade, investment and digital technology. Please send the documents to Aveline Low at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11 April 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Previous applicants need not apply.
To find out more about APEC, the PSU, and the terms and conditions of internship, please go to:
© The Hinrich Foundation. See our website Terms and conditions for our copyright and reprint policy. All statements of fact and the views, conclusions and recommendations expressed in this publication are the sole responsibility of the author(s).