Understand how the ratification of the RCEP, the digital economy, and sustainability issues will impact Asian trade in 2022 and beyond in this Economist event. Register now to join experts from across Asia-Pacific, including Research Fellow Alex Capri, who will be discussing the implications of emerging technologies on global value chains.
Session date and time: 23 March 2022 | 2:00 pm - 2:50 pm SGT/HKT
The last 12 months have seen Asian trade and economies rebound following the shock of Covid-19. Despite continued tensions between China and America, and climate-led disruptions to supply chains, reasons for optimism about the future of Asian trade remain. As we enter the second quarter of 2022, for business leaders and policymakers with a stake in Asian trade, pertinent questions endure such as:
- What are the key policy developments on regional government agendas?
- How will these shape a continued economic recovery?
- Will SMEs continue to form the bedrock of trade in Asia?
- What technologies will emerge that improve supply-chain efficiency and transparency?
- How will COP26 shape sustainability issues and what is the impact on businesses?
Economist Impact’s Asia Trade Week 2022, which the Hinrich Foundation continues to be a proud sponsor of, seeks to answer these questions. Our Research Fellow Alex Capri is a featured speaker in a session on emerging technologies, where he will be discussing the potential implications of quantum computing on global value chains. Register now to join him.
This webinar has ended.