Managing Cross-Border Trade In An Uncertain World
In partnership with the National University of Singapore
This short course was designed to help professionals sharpen their approach to cross-border trade. It brings together senior business executives and policy people from government and MLO's to discuss trade issues. Participants acquire a broad understanding of the geopolitical, economic and transformative forces reshaping trade and global value chains in Asia and beyond.
About the course
Cross-border trade and global value chains are undergoing profound changes. To help decision-makers navigate this new trade era, the Hinrich Foundation and National University of Singapore (NUS) Business School’s Centre for Governance, Institutions and Organisations (CGIO) created this timely and compelling course.
Our first course was held in Singapore in October 2019 with 40 participants from 16 Asian countries. A second course is under development, to discuss approaches for building resilience in Global Value Chains.
Who this course is for
Our first course included 40 participants from:
- Business (including representatives from Mastercard, Siemens, Google, Walmart, DBS, UOB, DHL, FedEx, BP, VF, Sime Darby)
- Government organizations (EU delegation in Singapore, Austrade, Invest India, Singapore EDB and MITI, Philippines DTI, Cambodian Ministry of Commerce, Indonesian Ministry of Trade, Myanmar Investment Commission, Bangladesh National Revenue Board)
- Industry associations (Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers, Pakistan Business Council)
- Think tanks (China Center for Globalization, iDEA, IDEAS, Asia Foundation
- Multiteral organizations (UNESCAP, IFC).
Hear from past course participants
“It was a great course. It gives me a better perspective on what companies need and what policy objectives India must pursue to attract more investments to India.”
Shruti Chandra, Assistant Vice President, Invest India
“It was a great opportunity to meet colleagues from around the region and understand some of the complexities that are happening today in cross border trade. The world has changed and it is becoming increasingly complex. We all need to be ready and prepared.”
Karen Murphy, Vice President of Global Trade, Flextronics
Our courses are designed for:
- Senior private sector executives from across diverse industries, such as goods and services, manufacturing, shipping, financing, off-shoring, who wish to deepen their understanding of GVC transformations and related policy topics
- Government agency leaders shaping trade policy who wish to improve trade outcomes for their country and its citizens
- Multilateral institutions who seek a better understanding of risks and changes in cross-border trade
- Industry associations who wish to expand the benefits of trade for their members
Additional benefits from the course include:
- High-level networking - participants connect with senior-level executives, government leaders and industry experts who are shaping future trade policies in Asia and around the world.
- World-class education - The course is led by prominent instructors and trade experts. Participants acquire a deeper understanding of the geopolitical, economic and transformative forces shaping business ecosystems throughout Asia and beyond. They deepen their knowledge through interactive exercises, targeted case studies, and classroom discussions.