Indonesia silver jewelry sourcing report highlights diverse design options
Online report features 21 export suppliers offering bracelets, brooches, earrings, necklaces, pendants and rings, plus details on product pricing and supply market trends
The online report offers import buyers websites of 21 verified exporter suppliers and profiles silver bracelets, brooches, earrings, necklaces, pendants and rings. It also features an overview of the industry, new product features, price guides and export data. PDFs of each section are available to download for free online.
Makers offer wide silver jewelry selection
Indonesia suppliers offer an array of ethnic and modern design options to buyers overseas.
Traditional silver jewelry features intricately assembled or engraved ethnic, animal and nature-inspired patterns. Filigree work, an age-old method of forming thin silver wires or beads into elaborate forms, is showcased across all types. Adornments typically include colorful stones and shells.
Current pieces, meanwhile, feature geometric forms and fewer embellishments. Some combine silver with eco-friendly materials such as recycled wood and coconut shells.
“Equipped with skills passed from generation to generation, Indonesia silversmiths offer an unlimited selection of traditional and contemporary jewelry,” said Emerela Puspita, export consultant for the Hinrich Foundation. “They are currently developing new techniques and incorporating eco-friendly materials such as shells and recycled wood to create unique designs.”
Sterling silver, also known as 925 silver, is usually used by suppliers. This alloy combines 92.5 percent silver with copper or another metal type for strength. Silver-plated pieces usually have a copper and alloy base.
Suppliers and products
Detop Silver, which has been in business since 1970, produces chain necklaces and rings. The company is based in Bali.
Sudana Silver Bali, also from Bali, offers pendants, rings, hair clips and jewelry sets. Established in 2008, the company specializes in making brooches with intricate designs.
Established in 2002, Bali-based Letung Silver produces drop earrings, bracelets and necklaces. Traditional and modern styles are both offered by the company.
In addition to Detop Silver, Letung Silver and Sudana Silver Bali, suppliers featured in the report are:
– Adiprana, Bali: Necklaces and pendants with stones.
– Bali Beauty Jewelry, Bali: Drop earrings, chain necklaces and pendants with stones and shells.
– Bali Mandiri Jewelry, Bali: Drop earrings, necklaces, cuff bracelets and stone rings.
– Boby Silver, Bali: Earrings, chain bracelets, necklaces and rings.
– CV Onyx, Bali: Stud earrings, necklaces, pendants, rings and bracelets.
– CV Salim Silver, Yogyakarta: Drop earrings, necklaces, pendants, bracelets and rings.
– Diana Silver, Yogyakarta: Earrings, brooches, necklaces, bangles and rings.
– Jnanacrafts, Bali: Earrings, pendants, bracelets and stone rings.
– Kanaka, Bali: Drop earrings, stone pendants and stone rings.
– KG Perak 925, Yogyakarta: Drop earrings, filigree brooches, necklaces, bracelets and rings.
– Madhukara Silver, Bali: Drop earrings, bracelets, necklaces and rings.
– Nayyo Shop, East Kalimantan: Earrings, bracelets, necklaces, rings and jewelry sets.
– Onno Silver, Bali: Earrings, necklaces, brooches, bracelets and rings.
– PT Orlando Silver, Bali: Drop earrings, pendants and stone rings.
– Runa Jewelry, Bali: Earrings, necklaces, brooches, pendants and rings.
– Setiti Jewelry, Yogyakarta: Brooches, pendants and rings.
– Spilla Jewelry, Yogyakarta: Rings and necklaces.
– Tupali, Central Java: Earrings, necklaces, rings and brooches.
The report further shows:
– Indonesia exported $4.1 billion worth of jewelry and parts containing precious metal in 2016, based on the DESA/UNSD, United Nations Comtrade database.
– The US was the top importer of silver jewelry, accounting for $21 million of total exports. The other key markets were Germany, Hong Kong, Thailand and the Netherlands.
– Most suppliers will be raising prices in the next six months. Majority of companies raising quotes will cap increases up to 5 percent.
Indonesia Sourcing: Silver jewelry is one of a series of online Sourcing Reports covering emerging Asia supply markets. A full version of the report can be viewed here.
Other related Sourcing Reports available available on the New Sourcing Markets website are: Fashion jewelry, India; and Fashion accessories & jewelry, Vietnam. The site also offers sourcing reports on other products and suppliers from India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.Download the report